Monday, September 5, 2016

Time for the End, What Happened to My Childhood?!

Flagships are Being Sunk!!

Bleach started back in August 2001
  After years of publication and being known as the three big flagships for shounen, major series that have changed the lives of so many young people are finally coming to close much to the dismay, happiness, and nostalgia of millions (those being Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece). As of very recent (three weeks ago actually) bleach came to a sudden axe of an ending. But I'll get into more of that later, let's start with the Naruto's ending since it was the first, and then Bleach and finally we'll cover the names that are potentially rising to take their place.

  Starting back in 1999, Naruto came onto the scene with the story of a young boy who was orphaned after his parents died from the attack of his ninja village by a malevolent fox spirit. The story quickly won the hearts of people with the main character's never give up spirit and his attitude of standing up for friends. The story covers his progression towards fulfilling his dream of becoming the leader of his village.
15 years of watching him grow!
  But after years of watching this young boy grow from being a naughty prankster into a full fledged man that everyone comes to rely on, the community knew that the inevitable was coming; the end. After 15 years the story saw the resolution of the number one knuckle head ninja on November 15th, 2015. Personally when I finally read it on it's release date at work I was filled with SO many emotions about its ending, watching a bit of my childhood die in such a glorious conclusion. I ended up debating so much with friends about it's ending and we all agreed that it was just right. Of course I wont spoil it for you, cause you can go anywhere for that, I just want to say that Naruto's ending is a like watching a old friend finally move away. When Naruto ended it was closing a series that was a chapter in my life, a series that helped me get into Manga and Anime.
  Anyway, when it came time for Bleach to end I was a little more prepared for the series to conclude another chapter of my childhood. I was not excited for the series to end since I knew it was gonna get forced and thus the ending wasn't going to be as good as Naruto's which ended very naturally and with all the loose ends tied up.
  Now as the reason for Bleach getting the axe, that alone is up to you to find out. Many would say the series got cut cause it's shitty writing style that some speculate wasn't suppose to go past a certain arch but the editors pushed the author to keep making the series so the series fell apart. I disagree since if you look at the ending you can see that even in the earliest beginnings there were hints that gave way to the ending plot twists or what have you.
  Regardless of whatever opinion you have, you can at least agree that with ending two of the big three flagships of Shounen we are now reaching a point where anything can happen. So let's look now at series that some are postulating are the next big names for Shounen.
http://mangasee.co/manga/?series=BlackClover
  "I'm going to be the Magic Emperor! This is something I'll never give up on!" First is a favorite I found and have been following, Black Clover! The series isn't too old and I found it only because I was rereading some other series the author put out (hungry joker to put a name to it) and when I found it I was blown away with it. The author makes the main character, Asta, just so damn likable! What makes it a potential flagship is the fact that it takes up the feelings that Naruto gave us with the main character never ever giving up. The positive vibes he gives off and the light hearted moments as well as the romances he unintentionally stirs gives the reader both laughs, smiles, anger, and the insatiable desire to keep reading and reading and reading!!!! I highly recommend that you keep an eye peeled for his adventures as he grows to becomes the only man in a magical world with no magic! Honestly I'm thinking that he'll be eventually become to be seen as the next demon lord since his ability is to cancel magic, but tell me what you think.
http://mangasee.co/manga/?series=BokuNoHeroAcademia
 "A hero is someone who smashes through every obstacle life puts in his way!" My Hero Academia just fills the gap with Naruto and Bleach so well, so so well. I mean if you haven't watched the anime on Hulu then it's time to get off that fat lazy ass and kill a couple of hours. The series covers a boy born without power in a world full of superheros, and one day his idol gives him the offer of lifetime- to become the idol he's always dreamed of becoming. You'll watch him struggle his way to the top with the only thing going for him is his extensive knowledge and skill at analysis. I can't stress it enough, fuck Attack on Titan, read this instead!!!!!!


  Here's a quick clip to fill you in on the shounen world that your missing out on. Anime is usually easier to get into since the action is more dynamic and usually the plots move quicker. Thus I would recommend that if your interested then check out these titles.
  But if your really getting into them then go check out their Manga's, because usually the series is way farther along in the plot when it comes to the written material.
  Granted I fucking hate their top three cause in my opinion they should of posted the top three flagships instead. But i'll let it slide cause as of late the American audience would more or less agree with this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment